Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"Creating a Color Palette"


Color Harmony is all around you.

Nature by design enraptures you in its color harmony...


"Orange Flower" Color Scheme

I took this picture while walking up the mountain. I was captivated by the vivid yellows and oranges, which contrasted beautifully with the greens and the sparse naturals and browns.

The process
After I imported the photo into Adobe Illustrator 10.0, I was able to use ColorPic to color-grab colors from the photo and create the four-color palette. It was quicker than using the eye-dropper in Adobe Illustrator. There are considerably more colors within the photo but I limited my choice. The graphic art was then done with Adobe Illustrator 10.0. Simple, yet effective. I'll be posting more of these kinds of color palettes in the future.

Tell me what you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home